The Wizards Said WHAT? Pt. 1: Andray Blatche: ‘I’m Still Here’
An unusual post-game locker room indeed, after a big 105-102 Washington Wizards win over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday night at the Verizon Center. It was a release of coping amongst players relieved to exhale their goofiness, or at least some smiles in front of media pixel vultures. There was talk of swagger, trust, playing with no fear, and giving people the ball when they’re open. Nick Young enjoyed the sounds of ‘swish’ as much as lauding in the fact that Kevin Durant put up an airball against his defense.
It was doing the little things, the young Wizards realized. But John Wall, without hesitation, pointed out that they were still 2-12. And the much-maligned Andray Blatche? His message was simple: “I’m still here,” (why? stay tuned for part two) as he jokingly patted himself on the shoulder/back for hitting a 30-foot three-pointer at the third quarter buzzer to bring the Wizards within four points going into the final stanza.
The Wizards said WHAT? This is what they said… Pt. 1 featuring Flip Saunders, John Wall, Nick Young, Andray Blatche, Jordan Crawford, JaVale McGee and Roger Mason…
- Nick Young Returns to D.C., Talks Gilbert, Kobe, Boos Birds, and Lakers
- D.C. Council Game 20: Wizards 74 vs Nuggets 75: Golden Chances Up in Hookah Smoke
- Randy Wittman on Jordan Crawford, Eastern Conference Player of the Week
- The Week in Wizards, the basketball ones — Dec. 2 to 8 (Debuts, Injuries & Pink Elephants)
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Wizards vs Nuggets, Game 20
- D.C. Council Game 19: Wizards 105 vs Bucks 109: The #SoWizards Way to Lose .500
- John Wall’s Crossover 360 Scoop Shot Charge (Plus Nate Wolters Crossover Fist Pump!)
- John Wall on the Eastern Conference and Why He’s Finishing Better At the Rim