Wizards-Wolves: Pre-Game Chat With Trevor Booker
Chatting with Wizards forward Trevor Booker in the locker room before his team takes on Kevin Love and the Minnesota Timberwolves…
Talk about the matching up against Kevin Love and his rebounding prowess. What do you need to do to combat him?
“He’s just an overall monster. He can post up, he can shoot the three. He’s relentless on the boards, so we just gotta keep a body on him at all times and keep him away from the glass.”
What about Minnesota, how are they scouting you? [NOTE: On the court for pre-game warm-ups, a Minnesota assistant coach pulled Wolves rookie Derrick Williams aside and told him to watch for Booker's left hand (since he is left handed), and told him to play the left drive hard in hopes of maybe drawing charges against Booker.]
“They probably want to take away my left hand, but I can go either way, so… I think they probably rather me shoot the jump shot than drive the ball, and they definitely want to keep me away from the offensive glass.”
How does your body feel? After dealing with injuries this summer, the season is full speed ahead. And after the Knicks game, Flip Saunders said you might have trouble walking out of the locker room because you played so hard.
“Going that hard, it takes a toll on my body, but I got to continue to put the right things in my body. I’ll be alright. It was definitely an important day [Saturday] to get some rest. I definitely needed it and I’m sure the team needed it.”
Do you do anything different for a 1 pm start afternoon game as opposed to a night game?
“Um, not really. Pretty much the same routine.”
So on that routine, what did you eat this morning for fuel for the game?
“I had a waffle this morning, a waffle and two scrambled eggs.”
Will you eat anything before the game or is that pretty much your base?
“That’s pretty much it right there.”
- D.C. Council Game 63: Wizards 90 at Heat 99: Wall, Wittman & Co. Sandbagged in South Beach
- D.C. Council Game 62: Wizards 114 at Bucks 107: Wiz Nearly Skunked Suds in Brew City
- D.C. Council Game 61: Wizards 104 vs Jazz 91: AARP #WizVets Chase Jazz Off Capitol Lawn
- D.C. Council Game 60: Wizards 104 vs Grizzlies 110: Memphis Advances to Victory via Points Statistics
- D.C. Council Game 59: Wizards 122 at 76ers 103: Bubba Chuck’s Night Stolen by Hookah Arms Ariza
- D.C. Council: Wizards 134 at Raptors 129: Wiz Kids (and #WizVets) Dig Triple-OT Deep, Score Dino-Sized Bones
- D.C. Council Game 57: Wizards 115 vs Magic 106: Splash of Class Helps Magic Sugar Pill Go Down
- Nene Out ‘Approximately 6 Weeks’ with Sprained MCL; Still, What Will the Wizards Do?