The Wizards Said WHAT? Mo Evans on Jeremy Lin’s Dunk: ‘It’s Just Wizards Basketball Right Now’
Look, the Washington Wizards gave Jeremy Lin a wide open lane to dunk. You understand, don’t you? Let’s watch.
Yikes. Not good. I’m not sure if Jordan Crawford or Mo Evans or Jan Vesely froze, but… um… wow. John Wall and Trevor Booker also totally got duped by Lin turning down Tyson Chandler’s screen. So, team effort. Evans was asked about the dunk after the game. Let’s watch his answer.
Yes, it is just Wizards basketball right now. Also, take note of the crowd cheering Lin’s dunk. Very loud.
John Wall on the Verizon Center fans:
“When you play against certain teams, you already know the crowd is against us sometimes. So we just go out there and play. You make it a game, the crowd gets on your side.”
The Wizards lost 107-93 to the New York Knicks on Wednesday night. You can read a piece I wrote about the game on ESPN.com’s Daily Dime.
The Miami Heat come to Washington on Friday.
This has been a very special edition of ‘The Wizards Said WHAT?’
Oh yea, John Wall had a dunk too, Lin was around for that… but Wall’s team also lost, so things are different when that happens.
- D.C. Council Game 52: Wizards 112 at Rockets 113: Ariza’s Missiles Not a Problem For Houston
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Wizards at Rockets, Game 52
- D.C. Council Game 35: Wizards 107 vs Rockets 114: Washington Drained by a Hole in the Roof
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Wizards vs Knicks, Game 23
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Wizards vs Knicks, Game 13
- Visuals from the Baltimore Basketball Classic, Wizards vs Knicks
- DC Council Game 78: Wizards 99 at Knicks 120: Wizards Lead for 52 Seconds, Then Roll Over
- DC Council Game 54: Wizards 105 vs Rockets 103: Wittman Comes Up Big in Win Over Houston