Optimistic Like A Mug: John Wall's Washington Wizards
Mean mug? Mug half full? John Wall’s pups are bull-[dog]-ish on the future.
On Monday, six Truth About It.net contributors gauged their optimism about the Washington Wizards. Collectively, we were 65.2% optimistic about the franchise, stemming from the way the team ended the season into the uncertain future. Individually, our optimism broke down like this:
- Dan Diamond (@ddiamond) — 48% Optimism.
- Ryan Gracia (@rgracia2378) — 78% Optimism.
- Rashad Mobley (@Rashad20) — 60% Optimism.
- Sam Permutt (@SammyVert) — 69% Optimism.
- John Converse Townsend (@JohnCTownsend) — 75% Optimism.
- Kyle Weidie (@Truth_About_It) — 61% Optimism.
Our optimism derived from ratings across five categories, each weighted differently. Those categories and our averages below:
65% Optimism - Current Players (rated out of 40 points);
81% Optimism - Future Players via draft picks and free agents/cap space (out of 25);
50.4% Optimism - Coaching/Player Development (out of 20);
60% Optimism - Ownership/Team Management (out of 10); and
56.7% Optimism - Arena/Atmosphere/Fan Support/Etc. (a catch-all area rated out of 5).
We also polled TAI readers across those categories. The results:
19.5% of voters gave this category a 30 out of 40; 75% optimism.
The average rating of all voters, however, was 25.6 out of 40; 64% optimism.
FUTURE PLAYERS (draft picks, cap space and free agency)
37.5% of voters gave this category a 20 out of 25; 80% optimism.
The average rating of all voters was 19.2 out of 25; 76.8% optimism.
25.8% of voters gave his category a 7.5 out of 20; 37.5% optimism.
The average rating of all voters was 9.5 out of 20; 47.7% optimism.
43% of voters gave this category a 5 out of 10; 50% optimism.
The average rating of all voters was 5.3 out of 10; 53% optimism.
32% of voters gave this category a 3 out of 5; 60% optimism.
The average rating of all voters was a 2.7 out of 5; 53% optimism.
When the averages from all categories are totalled, people are 62.3% optimistic about your Washington Wizards in the middle of the year 2012. Sounds so futuristic, yet a little bit surprising considering well-documented, long-standing frustrations.
No where to go but up? Don’t think it can’t get any worse, because it can? When the glass is a little over three-fifths full, at least there’s something to believe in. Sports.
And now, a John Wall bounce pass to Chris Singleton…
If you care to read a profile of me and a couple of other new media/blog folks who cover the Wizards, click away.
[We Love DC]
Nick Young and Gilbert Arenas have no conscience, investigates Kevin Arnovitz.
Numbers you should know on the Wizards season.
[Wiz of Awes]
On Shelvin Mack’s little known mentor, John Wall, via Carla Peay.
Can’t believe ‘How u’ got upset in Bullets Forever’s #QuoteSanity
Interesting read on the complicated character known as Delonte West.
Music in DC this weekend.
- D.C. Council Game 63: Wizards 90 at Heat 99: Wall, Wittman & Co. Sandbagged in South Beach
- Select Cuts from the Polish Hammer (Before He Met the ‘Biggest Hero’ of His Life: Steven Seagal)
- D.C. Council Game 62: Wizards 114 at Bucks 107: Wiz Nearly Skunked Suds in Brew City
- D.C. Council Game 61: Wizards 104 vs Jazz 91: AARP #WizVets Chase Jazz Off Capitol Lawn
- John Wall is… Fast? Paced? Randy Wittman, Tyrone Corbin & Richard Jefferson Speak On It
- D.C. Council Game 60: Wizards 104 vs Grizzlies 110: Memphis Advances to Victory via Points Statistics
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Grizzlies vs Wizards, Game 60
- D.C. Council Game 59: Wizards 122 at 76ers 103: Bubba Chuck’s Night Stolen by Hookah Arms Ariza