The Definition of Coolin, by John Wall
THE DEFINITION OF COOLIN
–>> An inner dialogue of John Wall in pixel form*
We might have met. I’m John Wall. Nice to see you again…
The NBA season is almost upon us. It’s been a good summer — a goooooood summer. The nights… The days… The ball… The ballin’
It was all a dream. All a dream…
Oh, hi there. I’m John Wall. You might have noticed me. We might have met.
I have a soul, you know. That’s why I look off into the distance, thumbs cozily tucked into the pockets of my denim.
You do-not know me.
Pleasure to make your acquaintance, I’m John Wall.
I’ll slyly cock my head to the side, smirk my lips, maybe even raise an eyebrow… If that will make you more comfortable, put you at ease…
The sunlight is just missing me, you know. I am in the corner. I am in the shade.
I am coolin.
What’s up? Head nod. Yea, that’s right, I said ‘head nod’ — I’m John Wall.
There is a wall behind me. There’s also an adjacent column-looking thing. It’s not really a wall, wall because it’s sorta roundish, but it does help hold up the ceiling. I won’t be defined by walls.
With one leg straight and one knee a little bit forward, I see things in my distance. But you can’t see them. The future is now, the present is later, and the past is dead to me.
Do you know where I keep my cool?
Good day to you, I say. I’m John Wall.
The destination of this instagram was made for me, but it came from within. It’s okay if you don’t understand, things will still be swell between us.
I believe the children are our future. Out of the mouths of babes.
My inner man-child is in the battle of its life right now.
But I am still coolin on the outside. On the outside…
Salutations, I’m John Wall.
So what’s new? Do you like stuff? I like stuff, too. But there will be time for that later.
The NBA season is almost upon us, you know. It’s going to be my third. What comes after the ‘terrible twos’?
I often peer behind curtains when I walk by them. No matter what. No matter what…
I’m sorry Ms. Jackson. Believe me when I say that I never, ever meant to make your daughter cry.
I cry, too, you know. I am 4 real.
Hi there, I’m John Wall. You don’t know coolin, but this is just my own definition…
Hey you… Hey me…
I’m John Wall.
Coolin comes from the fire within, but it won’t keep you warm on cold, lonely nights. The distance. The distance…
Don’t look at me. It’s not of your concern. My coolin is tender, but it can scar you.
Now look back at me.
I’m John Wall. The definition of coolin.
*Note: this isn’t really by John Wall, but it was inspired by the original photo, which came via John Wall’s instagram.
- Relevance Is Fragile: Can Washington’s Snapshot of Success Unblur the Big Picture?
- D.C. Council Game 63: Wizards 90 at Heat 99: Wall, Wittman & Co. Sandbagged in South Beach
- Select Cuts from the Polish Hammer (Before He Met the ‘Biggest Hero’ of His Life: Steven Seagal)
- D.C. Council Game 62: Wizards 114 at Bucks 107: Wiz Nearly Skunked Suds in Brew City
- D.C. Council Game 61: Wizards 104 vs Jazz 91: AARP #WizVets Chase Jazz Off Capitol Lawn
- John Wall is… Fast? Paced? Randy Wittman, Tyrone Corbin & Richard Jefferson Speak On It
- D.C. Council Game 60: Wizards 104 vs Grizzlies 110: Memphis Advances to Victory via Points Statistics
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Grizzlies vs Wizards, Game 60