Random Wizards Over/Unders and Other Voting Props: A Season Preview
Well, the season is here. No big, blow ‘em out preview from the TAI crew. We’re just here to offer continued coverage of the hometown pro basketball team as we usually do, and more. The site is entering its sixth season, by the way. So leggo…
On October 9, www.Bovada.lv released estimated win totals for every NBA team, or their over/under. The Washington Wizards stood at 31.5. About a week ago, TAI threw up a poll of various over unders, including:
- O/U on John Wall PPG, 68% took the over on 17 points;
- O/U on John Wall APG, 56% took the over on 8.5 assists;
- O/U on Nene PPG, 63% took the over on 14 points;
- O/U on Nene RPG, 53% took the over on 7.5 rebounds;
- O/U on Jordan Crawford PPG, 56% took the over on 12.5 points; and
- O/U on Bradley Beal PPG, 72% took the over on 12.5.
77.4% of TAI voters took the over on the Wizards winning 31.5 games. Now, just today, Bovada has updated their win total estimates. Washington’s win total is now set at 27.5 games, a four-game drop. With an updated expected increase of three wins for the New Orleans Hornets, both the Wiz and the team in the Bayou are estimated to win 27.5 games, only better than the Orlando Magic (23.5) and Charlotte Bobcats (18.5).
So what do you think now, Wizards fans?
Vote on the updated over/under amongst other props, reverent and irreverent, from the TAI crew and special guests, below.
Over/Under on Wizards wins in 2012-13: 27.5
Kyle Weidie – @Truth_About_It
Over/Under on games played together by John Wall and Nene: 40.5
Rashad Mobley – @Rashad20
Which number will be higher? John Wall made 3-pointers or Robert Griffin III rushing touchdowns?
(Note: Wall made three total 3s as an NBA soph, 34 as a rookie; RGIII has six rushing TDs through eight games this season.)
Ben Standig – @BenStandig
Over/Under on Jan Vesely fouls per game: 3
(Note: Vesely averaged 2.7 fouls per game in 18.9 minutes last season.)
John Townsend – @JohnCTownsend
Over/Under on Jordan Crawford assists per game: 4
(Note: Crawford averaged 3.0 assists in 27.4 minutes per game last season and 3.9 assists in 22.6 minutes per game this preseason.)
Rashad Mobley - @Rashad20
Number of in-season club fliers promising a Wiz appearance: 15
Dan Steinberg – @dcsportsbog
The number of times Emeka Okafor will be posterized. I feel like he gets dunked on all the time, let’s go with 15.
Beckley Mason – @BeckleyMason
Who will average more Points + Rebounds + Blocks, Nene or JaVale McGee?
Ben Standig - @BenStandig
Over/under on times Chris Singleton walks into the shower post-game after being assigned the toughest cover for the 700th game in a row and getting torched and just leans against the wall trying not to cry: 35.5
Matt Moore – @HPbasketball
Over/Under on number of times we see a Nuggets highlight this year and wish JaVale was back on the team: 4.5
Dan Diamond – @ddiamond
Over/Under on number of times Randy Wittman will mention cigarette smoking: 6.5
Kyle Weidie - @Truth_About_It
Over/Under on Jordan Crawford post-home game interviews while wearing sunglasses: 33.5
John Townsend - @JohnCTownsend
Over/Under on positive ‘Dagger!’ calls from Wiz T.V. guy Steve Buckhantz: 9.5
Kyle Weidie - @Truth_About_It
- D.C. Council Game 20: Wizards 74 vs Nuggets 75: Golden Chances Up in Hookah Smoke
- Gortat on Getting Punked, Rebounding Like a Guard, and That Play With Ariza
- Randy Wittman on Jordan Crawford, Eastern Conference Player of the Week
- The Week in Wizards, the basketball ones — Dec. 2 to 8 (Debuts, Injuries & Pink Elephants)
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Wizards vs Nuggets, Game 20
- D.C. Council Game 19: Wizards 105 vs Bucks 109: The #SoWizards Way to Lose .500
- John Wall’s Crossover 360 Scoop Shot Charge (Plus Nate Wolters Crossover Fist Pump!)
- John Wall on the Eastern Conference and Why He’s Finishing Better At the Rim