Someone Buy The Wizards Some White Button-Down Shirts, Or At Least Help Them Understand Instructions
From a recent profile on Emeka Okafor by the Washington Post‘s Rick Maese:
As the preseason winds down, the team scheduled events away from the court to introduce this year’s squad to its fans. First up was a charitable luncheon in which players and staff served as waiters for about 100 combat veterans, other members of the armed forces and their families.
Players were told to show up at a downtown steakhouse wearing white button-down shirts. Okafor was the only one who did. The others either didn’t own one or misunderstood the instructions and had to run around the corner to a men’s clothing store.
No, these aren’t the days of Kwame Brown wadding up brand new suits and throwing them in the corner of his apartment bedroom. Nor are these the days of Nick Young wearing some outlandish B.S. and calling it “fashion,” or JaVale McGee sporting shark-jumping hipster trends.
But white button-downs? OK, they are still just a bunch of kids. And really, I only own a single white button-down (that fits me and doesn’t have yellow armpits). Which reminds me, I need to do some closet cleaning and get some more white button-down dress shirts. [Actually, to note, "button-down" refers to the buttons on the collar, and those types of collars aren't that great to me.]
In any case… At the event, John Wall appears to be wearing a white, short-sleeve polo, and Bradley Beal appears to be wearing a white shirt that has two breast zipper pockets, which is très chic unfortunate.
So, essentially this is a public service announcement brought to you by the Wiz Kids:
No. 1: Own some white button-down dress shirts (or just some regular white dress shirts).
No. 2: Listen to instructions, because doing so usually helps in other, non-clothing aspects of life.
- D.C. Council 10: Wizards vs Mavericks — Dallas Ponies Up, Washington Stuck at the Gate
- Key Legislature: Wizards 102 vs Mavericks 105: Information Overload Bluescreens Washington Defense
- Lining Up the Wizards (So Far); Pre-Game Quotes from Randy, Rick & Richard
- Don’t Be Offended by Washington’s Offense When Defense is the Pillar
- D.C. Council Game 9: Wizards vs Magic — Depth Subdues Drama for Seventh Win
- Key Legislature: Wizards 98 vs Magic 93 — Bench Provides Tinder for Humphries’ Date Night Spark
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Magic, Game 9
- D.C. Council Game 8: Wizards vs Pistons — Washington’s Butler Shows Detroit the Door