Someone Buy The Wizards Some White Button-Down Shirts, Or At Least Help Them Understand Instructions
From a recent profile on Emeka Okafor by the Washington Post‘s Rick Maese:
As the preseason winds down, the team scheduled events away from the court to introduce this year’s squad to its fans. First up was a charitable luncheon in which players and staff served as waiters for about 100 combat veterans, other members of the armed forces and their families.
Players were told to show up at a downtown steakhouse wearing white button-down shirts. Okafor was the only one who did. The others either didn’t own one or misunderstood the instructions and had to run around the corner to a men’s clothing store.
No, these aren’t the days of Kwame Brown wadding up brand new suits and throwing them in the corner of his apartment bedroom. Nor are these the days of Nick Young wearing some outlandish B.S. and calling it “fashion,” or JaVale McGee sporting shark-jumping hipster trends.
But white button-downs? OK, they are still just a bunch of kids. And really, I only own a single white button-down (that fits me and doesn’t have yellow armpits). Which reminds me, I need to do some closet cleaning and get some more white button-down dress shirts. [Actually, to note, "button-down" refers to the buttons on the collar, and those types of collars aren't that great to me.]
In any case… At the event, John Wall appears to be wearing a white, short-sleeve polo, and Bradley Beal appears to be wearing a white shirt that has two breast zipper pockets, which is très chic unfortunate.
So, essentially this is a public service announcement brought to you by the Wiz Kids:
No. 1: Own some white button-down dress shirts (or just some regular white dress shirts).
No. 2: Listen to instructions, because doing so usually helps in other, non-clothing aspects of life.
- D.C. Council Game 61: Wizards 104 vs Jazz 91: AARP #WizVets Chase Jazz Off Capitol Lawn
- John Wall is… Fast? Paced? Randy Wittman, Tyrone Corbin & Richard Jefferson Speak On It
- D.C. Council Game 60: Wizards 104 vs Grizzlies 110: Memphis Advances to Victory via Points Statistics
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Grizzlies vs Wizards, Game 60
- D.C. Council Game 59: Wizards 122 at 76ers 103: Bubba Chuck’s Night Stolen by Hookah Arms Ariza
- D.C. Council: Wizards 134 at Raptors 129: Wiz Kids (and #WizVets) Dig Triple-OT Deep, Score Dino-Sized Bones
- Portraits, Vignettes & Instagrams from 2014 NBA All-Star Weekend in New Orleans
- D.C. Council Game 57: Wizards 115 vs Magic 106: Splash of Class Helps Magic Sugar Pill Go Down