The Wizards Run-Off, Game-Winning Celebration That Didn’t Count (At least some kid left the gym happy)
The best 0-10 team in NBA history? Pretty much.
Kevin Seraphin hit what was thought to be a game-winner with over seven seconds left in overtime. Kyle Korver hit the go-ahead 3-pointer (thanks to Trevor Ariza) with over one second left. Earlier, Atlanta’s Al Horford missed four straight free throws, and the Hawks got the ball afterward — both times. And of course, we have the young Wizards running off the court, thinking/hoping/wishing that they got their first win, thanks to a last-second Martell Webster tip attempt after a Seraphin miss. But their celebration was moot. The shot came finger tips after the buzzer.
Wow. I can’t even bring myself to type Flip Saunders’ infamous quote at this point. But we will, in honor of the saddest of the sad, show a GIF of the celebration that didn’t count. One day, Wizards, one day.
But hey, at least some kid left the gym happy.
(Note: ended up being Al Horford’s little brother
… so there’s that.)
- DC Council 24: Wizards vs Timberwolves — Flip Saunders Back On Subway Diet
- DC Council 23: Wizards vs Jazz — Sweet Sounds of a Sunday Night Victory
- Key Legislature: Wizards 93 vs Jazz 84 — Washington Wins Despite 7 PM Arrival for 6 PM Game
- Key Legislature: Wizards 104 vs Clippers 96 — Clipper Skipper Crashes Into Wall
- DC Council 22: Wizards vs Clippers — Shipwrecked in the District
- DC Council 21: Wizards at Magic — Wittman’s Wizardry Drops Orlando
- D.C. Council 20: Wizards vs Celtics — Wall Straps on Cape and Deposits Cowherd in Negative Zone
- D.C. Council 19: Wizards at Celtics — Charge of the Light Brigade Sacked on a Sleepy Sunday