The Wizards Run-Off, Game-Winning Celebration That Didn’t Count (At least some kid left the gym happy)
The best 0-10 team in NBA history? Pretty much.
Kevin Seraphin hit what was thought to be a game-winner with over seven seconds left in overtime. Kyle Korver hit the go-ahead 3-pointer (thanks to Trevor Ariza) with over one second left. Earlier, Atlanta’s Al Horford missed four straight free throws, and the Hawks got the ball afterward — both times. And of course, we have the young Wizards running off the court, thinking/hoping/wishing that they got their first win, thanks to a last-second Martell Webster tip attempt after a Seraphin miss. But their celebration was moot. The shot came finger tips after the buzzer.
Wow. I can’t even bring myself to type Flip Saunders’ infamous quote at this point. But we will, in honor of the saddest of the sad, show a GIF of the celebration that didn’t count. One day, Wizards, one day.
But hey, at least some kid left the gym happy.
(Note: ended up being Al Horford’s little brother
… so there’s that.)
- Key Legislature: Wizards 100 at Knicks 103 — Preseason Game 8, Upstaged by Melo at Final Rehearsal
- D.C. Council Preseason Game 7: Wizards Shoot Blanks in B-More
- Key Legislature: Wizards 84 vs Pelicans 88 — Preseason Game 7, Baltimore Bounced by the Birds
- D.C. Council Preseason Game 6: Wizards Get Bugged — By Injury and Hornets
- Coming in 2015: The Marcin Gortat Action Figure
- Key Legislature: Wizards 101 vs Maccabi Haifa 95, Preseason Gm 5 — Seraphin, Silas & Yung Simba Shine
- D.C. Council Preseason Game 4: Seraphin Game-Winner Just Another Day in #KSLife
- Key Legislature: Wizards 91 vs Pistons 89, Preseason Game 4 — The Professor Gets Clinical