Ray Allen's Secrets to Success (and a John Wall Update)
Spotlight: Ray Allen
Jesus Shuttlesworth shared some of his secrets to success before the Heat took on the Wiz in Washington. Find that, plus a John Wall update, below.
On adjusting to life as a member of the Heat:
“I’m learning the guys and not trying to force my ways on how I’ve done things on them. It’s been pretty good, it’s been a pretty easy transition. This start of the season, I’m still trying to figure out different ways that you can be better—for me, how I can help—but it’s always a work in progress, especially if you want to be good.”
On where the 16-year veteran wants to get better:
“Defensively, I think about [Miami's] coverages, because I still sometimes get caught in some past coverages that we played last year. Now, I gotta get back to being instinctive out here defensively. Offensively, still trying to make sure I’m in the right place. Understand LeBron—what he does, what he likes, be in a position to help him. D-Wade, the same.
“Coming off the bench … make sure we present some type of consistency as a group, as a unit. We either maintain th elead or try to get the lead back. We’re still learning to play.”
What’s up with Wall? What say you, Coach?
“I can’t give you one. I don’t know what you want me to say.”
“Right now, we’re stil progressing the way we are with his rehab. He’s not been on the floor to practice, he’s been on the floor to shoot some, but he’s not progressed to the point where he can get out and practice. So, obviously, when that happens… I don’t know what the timetable is.”
- D.C. Council Game 19: Wizards 105 vs Bucks 109: The #SoWizards Way to Lose .500
- John Wall’s Crossover 360 Scoop Shot Charge (Plus Nate Wolters Crossover Fist Pump!)
- John Wall on the Eastern Conference and Why He’s Finishing Better At the Rim
- Another Day, Another Martell Webster Pixelbomb (featuring John Wall)
- Top 5 Things Wizards Are Good at Doing
- 50-Win Dreams and 5-Year Terms: One-Fifth of a Season with Marcin Gortat
- D.C. Council Game 18: Wizards 98 vs Magic 80: Where There’s Hookah Smoke, There’s Fire
- The Week in Wizards, the basketball ones — Nov. 25 to Dec. 1 (Wittman-isms, Video-bombs and Instagram)