Wizards Win! And a Block of LeBron by Kevin Seraphin (That RGIII Witnessed)
Yep, he totally was. I know because I watched it on the T.V., and there he was, definitely in attendance. He just about sat in Randy Wittman’s lap thanks to courtside seats. Seats that Ted Leonsis sits in sometimes. But this time, RGIII was there. You’ve certainly heard about it via the Internets, via the Twitter, perhaps even via the Google.
Maybe RGIII saw a Wittman face (i.e., #WittmanFace). Maybe RGIII saw John Wall’s red pants. He definitely saw the Wizards beat the Heat, 105-101. That RGIII, what a guy.
RGIII also witnessed the below GIFery: a sweet block by Kevin Seraphin on LeBron James after some fancy dribbling. Did you know that RGIII was at the Wizards-Heat game?
As seen on ESPN.com’s Daily Dime, below is my rapid reaction to the Wizards win over the Heat.
MVP: Jordan Crawford contributed a composed 22 points off the bench on 7-for-16 shooting. He even dropped six dimes to only one turnover. He’s far from “there,” but Crawford is maturing under the distraction of a bad record. Late in the game, when Miami doubled the ball up top, he made the right pass. When the Wizards needed a big shot to keep the Heat at bay, Crawford got that, too.
LVP: The Heat, for playing like their minds are in the playoffs. Sure, an early-December game against the woeful Wizards won’t mean much in the grand scheme of things, but the lackadaisical offense and poor spacing led to missed open jumpers when they counted most. Not good habits to develop.
X-Factor: The entire Wizards team. Five players scored in double-figures (three off the bench), they attempted 29 free throws as a team (about 10 above their average), and Washington totaled a season-high 31 assists (on 38 made field goals). Randy Wittman’s team needed the perfect game plan, and they executed.
- DC Council Round 2, Game 6: Wizards vs Hawks — The Traumatic End, Nothing Lasts Forever
- Key Legislature: Wizards 91 vs Hawks 94 — A Piercing Shot To The Heart
- Key Legislature: Wizards 101 vs Hawks 106 — Beal and Pierce Almost Match Atlanta’s Best Shot
- Key Legislature: Wizards 90 at Hawks 106 — Wizards Call and Raise Hawks’ Internal Victory
- DC Council Round 2, Game 2: Wizards at Hawks — The War Is Not Lost
- Key Legislature: Wizards 104 at Hawks 98 — Wall Too Cool for Crunchtime Pressure
- DC Council Round 2, Game 1: Wizards at Hawks — D.C. Counterpunch Drops Atlanta
- Key Legislature: Wizards 125 vs Raptors 94 — D.C. Extinction Event Ends Toronto’s Season