Wizards Win! And a Block of LeBron by Kevin Seraphin (That RGIII Witnessed)
Yep, he totally was. I know because I watched it on the T.V., and there he was, definitely in attendance. He just about sat in Randy Wittman’s lap thanks to courtside seats. Seats that Ted Leonsis sits in sometimes. But this time, RGIII was there. You’ve certainly heard about it via the Internets, via the Twitter, perhaps even via the Google.
Maybe RGIII saw a Wittman face (i.e., #WittmanFace). Maybe RGIII saw John Wall’s red pants. He definitely saw the Wizards beat the Heat, 105-101. That RGIII, what a guy.
RGIII also witnessed the below GIFery: a sweet block by Kevin Seraphin on LeBron James after some fancy dribbling. Did you know that RGIII was at the Wizards-Heat game?
As seen on ESPN.com’s Daily Dime, below is my rapid reaction to the Wizards win over the Heat.
MVP: Jordan Crawford contributed a composed 22 points off the bench on 7-for-16 shooting. He even dropped six dimes to only one turnover. He’s far from “there,” but Crawford is maturing under the distraction of a bad record. Late in the game, when Miami doubled the ball up top, he made the right pass. When the Wizards needed a big shot to keep the Heat at bay, Crawford got that, too.
LVP: The Heat, for playing like their minds are in the playoffs. Sure, an early-December game against the woeful Wizards won’t mean much in the grand scheme of things, but the lackadaisical offense and poor spacing led to missed open jumpers when they counted most. Not good habits to develop.
X-Factor: The entire Wizards team. Five players scored in double-figures (three off the bench), they attempted 29 free throws as a team (about 10 above their average), and Washington totaled a season-high 31 assists (on 38 made field goals). Randy Wittman’s team needed the perfect game plan, and they executed.
- DC Council 26: Wizards vs Suns — Washington Flash Fried in Second Half Sunburst
- DC Council 24: Wizards vs Timberwolves — Flip Saunders Back On Subway Diet
- DC Council 23: Wizards vs Jazz — Sweet Sounds of a Sunday Night Victory
- Key Legislature: Wizards 93 vs Jazz 84 — Washington Wins Despite 7 PM Arrival for 6 PM Game
- Key Legislature: Wizards 104 vs Clippers 96 — Clipper Skipper Crashes Into Wall
- DC Council 22: Wizards vs Clippers — Shipwrecked in the District
- DC Council 21: Wizards at Magic — Wittman’s Wizardry Drops Orlando
- D.C. Council 20: Wizards vs Celtics — Wall Straps on Cape and Deposits Cowherd in Negative Zone