(GIF) Have Court, Will Flop: Yep, It's Blake Griffin
Yes, we are all too familiar with Blake Griffin flops (save for petulant Lakers-cum-Clippers fans and other offending defenders). He’s funny in commercials (I genuinely like his KIA spots), he dunks really well, he usually can’t hit a free throw, and Blake Griffin sometimes plays a style of basketball that you would rather referees dishonor than honor. But, stars get calls. Also all too familiar. In this instance, Nene was called for a foul. But will Blake get fined for a flop? Or will the league deem the faux motion acceptable under the threat of assault?
What do you think?
What did #WittmanFace and Nene think?
The #WittmanFace would go on to pick up a technical foul, his second of the year. This is quite surprising, but then again, Wittman might not be in position to lose money via techs while coaching the Wizards. In any case, Trevor Booker thought it was funny.
Unfortunately, the bad guys won, 94-87. The Wizards fought to stay in the game despite themselves — their offense — as they certainly didn’t make scoring always easy for the Clippers, who average 101.8 points per game. Washington got within 87-86 of Lob City with 1:33 left, but Nene missed a free throw and Wall feel asleep on a long offensive rebound. Los Angeles then scored second chance points, and Wall immediately followed that by getting called for palming. Chris Paul answered with a jumper and the Wizards, down five with 32 seconds left, were on their way to loss No. 30.
- D.C. Council 82: Wizards 118 at Celtics 102: What Securing Seed 5 in Game 82 Looks Like
- D.C. Council 81: Wizards 114 vs Heat 93: Wiz Toss Miami Laundry Into Cold Wash
- The Nene Effect: A Mytho-Historic Spiritual Perspective
- D.C. Council 79: Wizards 96 at Magic 86: Wiz Find Enough Elixir to End Sluggish Spell
- VIDEO: The Wizards Said WHAT? ‘We ain’t going to beat anybody, including Milwaukee’
- D.C. Council 78: Wizards 88 vs Bobcats 94: #SoWizards Magic Turns Bobcats Into Lions
- D.C. Council 76: Wizards 90 at Knicks 89: Big Apple, Big Panda, Big Night
- D.C. Council 73: Wizards 101 vs Hawks 97: Wall and Gooden Clip Some Hawks Wings for Playoff Science