(GIF) Have Court, Will Flop: Yep, It's Blake Griffin
Yes, we are all too familiar with Blake Griffin flops (save for petulant Lakers-cum-Clippers fans and other offending defenders). He’s funny in commercials (I genuinely like his KIA spots), he dunks really well, he usually can’t hit a free throw, and Blake Griffin sometimes plays a style of basketball that you would rather referees dishonor than honor. But, stars get calls. Also all too familiar. In this instance, Nene was called for a foul. But will Blake get fined for a flop? Or will the league deem the faux motion acceptable under the threat of assault?
What do you think?
What did #WittmanFace and Nene think?
The #WittmanFace would go on to pick up a technical foul, his second of the year. This is quite surprising, but then again, Wittman might not be in position to lose money via techs while coaching the Wizards. In any case, Trevor Booker thought it was funny.
Unfortunately, the bad guys won, 94-87. The Wizards fought to stay in the game despite themselves — their offense — as they certainly didn’t make scoring always easy for the Clippers, who average 101.8 points per game. Washington got within 87-86 of Lob City with 1:33 left, but Nene missed a free throw and Wall feel asleep on a long offensive rebound. Los Angeles then scored second chance points, and Wall immediately followed that by getting called for palming. Chris Paul answered with a jumper and the Wizards, down five with 32 seconds left, were on their way to loss No. 30.
- The Week in Wizards, the basketball ones — Dec. 2 to 8 (Debuts, Injuries & Pink Elephants)
- D.C. Council Game 19: Wizards 105 vs Bucks 109: The #SoWizards Way to Lose .500
- 50-Win Dreams and 5-Year Terms: One-Fifth of a Season with Marcin Gortat
- D.C. Council Game 18: Wizards 98 vs Magic 80: Where There’s Hookah Smoke, There’s Fire
- D.C. Council Game 17: Wizards 108 vs Hawks 101: Wall Ballhawks, Nene’s Tendons Bounce Back
- D.C. Council Game 15: Wizards 100 at Bucks 92: Martell and Marcin Hold the Mayo
- D.C. Council Game 14: Wizards 116 vs Lakers 111: Nene Goes Hollywood
- Nene is the Best (12-year NBA vet speaks on his career-high 30 points)