(GIF) Have Court, Will Flop: Yep, It's Blake Griffin
Yes, we are all too familiar with Blake Griffin flops (save for petulant Lakers-cum-Clippers fans and other offending defenders). He’s funny in commercials (I genuinely like his KIA spots), he dunks really well, he usually can’t hit a free throw, and Blake Griffin sometimes plays a style of basketball that you would rather referees dishonor than honor. But, stars get calls. Also all too familiar. In this instance, Nene was called for a foul. But will Blake get fined for a flop? Or will the league deem the faux motion acceptable under the threat of assault?
What do you think?
What did #WittmanFace and Nene think?
The #WittmanFace would go on to pick up a technical foul, his second of the year. This is quite surprising, but then again, Wittman might not be in position to lose money via techs while coaching the Wizards. In any case, Trevor Booker thought it was funny.
Unfortunately, the bad guys won, 94-87. The Wizards fought to stay in the game despite themselves — their offense — as they certainly didn’t make scoring always easy for the Clippers, who average 101.8 points per game. Washington got within 87-86 of Lob City with 1:33 left, but Nene missed a free throw and Wall feel asleep on a long offensive rebound. Los Angeles then scored second chance points, and Wall immediately followed that by getting called for palming. Chris Paul answered with a jumper and the Wizards, down five with 32 seconds left, were on their way to loss No. 30.
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Wizards vs Magic, Game 57
- Nene Out ‘Approximately 6 Weeks’ with Sprained MCL; Still, What Will the Wizards Do?
- D.C. Council Game 56: Wizards 96 at Cavaliers 83: Cleveland Rocked By Washington’s Duet of Wall and Defense
- The Wizards Said WHAT? Martell Webster Videobombs, #DadLife, and #NeneJams FTW
- D.C. Council Game 55: Wizards 94 vs Pelicans 93: Victory Snatched From Bird Beaks by Wall and Nene
- D.C. Council Game 54: Wizards 114 at Hawks 97: Everything’s Peachy in the ATL
- D.C. Council Game 53: Wizards 93 vs Raptors 103: Post-All-Star Slumber Against the ‘Better Team’ (According to Wittman)
- Playoffs Or Bust? The Wizards Franchise Optimism Index, Take Three