(GIF) Have Court, Will Flop: Yep, It's Blake Griffin
Yes, we are all too familiar with Blake Griffin flops (save for petulant Lakers-cum-Clippers fans and other offending defenders). He’s funny in commercials (I genuinely like his KIA spots), he dunks really well, he usually can’t hit a free throw, and Blake Griffin sometimes plays a style of basketball that you would rather referees dishonor than honor. But, stars get calls. Also all too familiar. In this instance, Nene was called for a foul. But will Blake get fined for a flop? Or will the league deem the faux motion acceptable under the threat of assault?
What do you think?
What did #WittmanFace and Nene think?
The #WittmanFace would go on to pick up a technical foul, his second of the year. This is quite surprising, but then again, Wittman might not be in position to lose money via techs while coaching the Wizards. In any case, Trevor Booker thought it was funny.
Unfortunately, the bad guys won, 94-87. The Wizards fought to stay in the game despite themselves — their offense — as they certainly didn’t make scoring always easy for the Clippers, who average 101.8 points per game. Washington got within 87-86 of Lob City with 1:33 left, but Nene missed a free throw and Wall feel asleep on a long offensive rebound. Los Angeles then scored second chance points, and Wall immediately followed that by getting called for palming. Chris Paul answered with a jumper and the Wizards, down five with 32 seconds left, were on their way to loss No. 30.
- Nene Maintains as Brazil Falls to U.S. in Saturday Night Friendly
- Drew Gooden for Team Finland at the FIBA World Cup? Plus Other Wizards and Ex-Wizards
- Happy 4th of July from the Washington Wizards American Gladiators, a Photoshop
- Playoffs D.C. Council Game 6: Wizards 80 vs Pacers 93: Downed But Not Without a Fight and a Future
- Playoffs D.C. Council Game 5: Wizards 102 at Pacers 79: Polish Hammer Pulls The Nail from Wizards Coffin
- Playoffs D.C. Council Game 4: Wizards 92 vs Pacers 95: Indiana’s Big Fish Sends Wiz Kids Reeling
- Open Shots, Rolling the Dice, and D.C. Quarterbacks: Pixels at the Tip
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Pacers, Playoff Game 4–Pixels & Emails from the Abyss