UPDATED: Ish Smith Jumps Over John Wall, Still Blocks His Shot (the GIF)
So it’s halftime of the Wizards-Magic game, and the Wiz Kids are looking good, sort of. They got up 48-34 on Orlando at one point with — you guessed it — Emeka Okafor (11) and Jan Vesely (8) as your leading scorers. The Wizards even pushed their lead to 55-36, prompting one millionaire blogger on the sideline to slap Trevor Ariza on the ass. But then Jameer Nelson dropped 12 points and two assists in the last three minutes of the second quarter, and the Magic closed out the half on a 13-0 run. A one-time 19-point lead was quickly cut down to six for Washington, 59-53.
And then there was the time Orlando’s Ish Smith jumped over John Wall’s head and still blocked his shot. On to the second half…
And then later on…
Wall got Ish back with that ish.
UPDATE… And that was that. Wizards win!
The Wizards responded with a 37-point third quarter — 15 field goals, 11 assists and two turnovers — and then they out-scored the Magic 24-14 in the fourth. Bradley Beal scored nine in the third (17 on the game), and Kevin Seraphin and A.J. Price combined for 25 second half points (they each had 18 on the night). Okafor (19), Wall (12) and Vesely (10), were the other double-figure scorers for the Wizards in their 120-91 win over the Magic.
The last time Washington scored at least 120 points and won by more than 25 points came on December 13, 2006 in a game against the Denver Nuggets at the Verizon Center featuring the very same score, 120-91 Wizards. That night Gilbert Arenas dropped 34, Caron Butler 26, Antawn Jamison 19, Brendan Haywood 12, DeShawn Stevenson 10, and Jarvis Hayes scored 10 points off the bench.
- The Superofficial TAI Staff Wizards Playoff Forecast (and Season Look-Back)
- D.C. Council 82: Wizards 118 at Celtics 102: What Securing Seed 5 in Game 82 Looks Like
- Wizards Take 5-Seed in East, Sam Cassell on Wall and Beal: ‘These My Guards’
- D.C. Council 81: Wizards 114 vs Heat 93: Wiz Toss Miami Laundry Into Cold Wash
- D.C. Council Game 80: Wizards 104 vs. Bucks 91: Wiz Go Big Buck Hunting in Second Half
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Bucks, Game 79
- D.C. Council 79: Wizards 96 at Magic 86: Wiz Find Enough Elixir to End Sluggish Spell
- VIDEO: The Wizards Said WHAT? ‘We ain’t going to beat anybody, including Milwaukee’