UPDATED: Ish Smith Jumps Over John Wall, Still Blocks His Shot (the GIF)
So it’s halftime of the Wizards-Magic game, and the Wiz Kids are looking good, sort of. They got up 48-34 on Orlando at one point with — you guessed it — Emeka Okafor (11) and Jan Vesely (8) as your leading scorers. The Wizards even pushed their lead to 55-36, prompting one millionaire blogger on the sideline to slap Trevor Ariza on the ass. But then Jameer Nelson dropped 12 points and two assists in the last three minutes of the second quarter, and the Magic closed out the half on a 13-0 run. A one-time 19-point lead was quickly cut down to six for Washington, 59-53.
And then there was the time Orlando’s Ish Smith jumped over John Wall’s head and still blocked his shot. On to the second half…
And then later on…
Wall got Ish back with that ish.
UPDATE… And that was that. Wizards win!
The Wizards responded with a 37-point third quarter — 15 field goals, 11 assists and two turnovers — and then they out-scored the Magic 24-14 in the fourth. Bradley Beal scored nine in the third (17 on the game), and Kevin Seraphin and A.J. Price combined for 25 second half points (they each had 18 on the night). Okafor (19), Wall (12) and Vesely (10), were the other double-figure scorers for the Wizards in their 120-91 win over the Magic.
The last time Washington scored at least 120 points and won by more than 25 points came on December 13, 2006 in a game against the Denver Nuggets at the Verizon Center featuring the very same score, 120-91 Wizards. That night Gilbert Arenas dropped 34, Caron Butler 26, Antawn Jamison 19, Brendan Haywood 12, DeShawn Stevenson 10, and Jarvis Hayes scored 10 points off the bench.
- D.C. Council Game 61: Wizards 104 vs Jazz 91: AARP #WizVets Chase Jazz Off Capitol Lawn
- John Wall is… Fast? Paced? Randy Wittman, Tyrone Corbin & Richard Jefferson Speak On It
- D.C. Council Game 60: Wizards 104 vs Grizzlies 110: Memphis Advances to Victory via Points Statistics
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Grizzlies vs Wizards, Game 60
- D.C. Council Game 59: Wizards 122 at 76ers 103: Bubba Chuck’s Night Stolen by Hookah Arms Ariza
- D.C. Council: Wizards 134 at Raptors 129: Wiz Kids (and #WizVets) Dig Triple-OT Deep, Score Dino-Sized Bones
- Portraits, Vignettes & Instagrams from 2014 NBA All-Star Weekend in New Orleans
- D.C. Council Game 57: Wizards 115 vs Magic 106: Splash of Class Helps Magic Sugar Pill Go Down