John Wall to Return Saturday? That seems to be his hope
It was the sight that all Washington Wizards fans had been waiting for since 2012 draft night: John Wall and Bradley Beal on the Verizon Center court together playing hoops. Granted, it was just Beal and Wall partaking in individual warm-ups before the Wizards tipped-off against the Oklahoma City Thunder. But after the doldrums this team has been through this season, it was a refreshing sight nonetheless.
Wall was in an jovial mood, joking with most everyone around him. Assistant Coach Sam Cassell joined the backcourt duo for a series of drills. Wall went full speed and showed no signs of being slowed by his knee injury. The real news broke when a young fan watching courtside asked Wall when he was going to be playing again. Wall responded to the youngster, “Saturday.”
We know a couple things about Wall’s return. During Comcast’s broadcast of last Friday’s game versus the Brooklyn Nets, Steve Buckhantz said that Wall indicated he wanted to come back in next “week or two.” The next day, Sports Illustrated’s Chris Mannix also reported, via “sources,” that Wall would make his debut “within the next two weeks.” Today, A.J. Price returned from a fractured hand and the Wizards waived point guard Shelvin Mack. After facing the Thunder, Washington will have four days off before hosting the Atlanta Hawks… on Saturday.
For those still depressed over RG3 and the Redskins, Wall’s return to the basketball court could be a sliver of hope. We will see….
[photos via Adam McGinnis]
- The Superofficial TAI Staff Wizards Playoff Forecast (and Season Look-Back)
- D.C. Council 82: Wizards 118 at Celtics 102: What Securing Seed 5 in Game 82 Looks Like
- Wizards Take 5-Seed in East, Sam Cassell on Wall and Beal: ‘These My Guards’
- D.C. Council 81: Wizards 114 vs Heat 93: Wiz Toss Miami Laundry Into Cold Wash
- D.C. Council Game 80: Wizards 104 vs. Bucks 91: Wiz Go Big Buck Hunting in Second Half
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Bucks, Game 79
- D.C. Council 79: Wizards 96 at Magic 86: Wiz Find Enough Elixir to End Sluggish Spell
- VIDEO: The Wizards Said WHAT? ‘We ain’t going to beat anybody, including Milwaukee’