REAX: Wizards 94 vs Mavs 103: Vinsanity Surfaces at the Verizon Center
Vince Carter started the game with a dunk against the #SoWizards… Surprise, surprise.
Below is the brief reaction I submitted for ESPN’s Daily Dime, and then a video of some Wizards talking about losing to Dallas while witnessing some retro Vinsanity.
If a bad team like the 4-25 Wizards doesn’t get what’s left of Vince Carter’s juices flowing, what will? The artist formerly known as Vinsanity started the game with a monster dunk, of all things, and pretty much ended the night with a more vicious dunk. Carter finished with an efficient, game-high 23 points on 9-for-14 shooting.
Dahntay Jones. Washington rookie Bradley Beal had his moments, and he did lead the Wizards with 22 points on 16 shots. But when Jones was on him defensively, any “good” moments were far and few between for Beal. Jones also often helped contain Jordan Crawford, one of the other few scorers the Wizards have.
That game was … a tale of two halves, a tale of two teams.
The Wizards came out dominating the lethargic Mavericks, mostly due to their work on the boards. Washington got up by as many as 14 points in the first half, also out-rebounding Dallas 29-20. But, behind Dirk’s six points in the third quarter (11 points on the night), the Mavs out-scored the Wizards 35-19 in the period and didn’t look back.
Nene on waking up “the beast” (Dirk Nowitzki) and the woes of the Wizards thanks to both Dirk and Vince Carter; also featuring some talk about seeing retro Vinsanity from Bradley Beal and Garrett Temple.
And Vince Carter, to shut-down the night:
- D.C. Council Game 62: Wizards 114 at Bucks 107: Wiz Nearly Skunked Suds in Brew City
- D.C. Council Game 61: Wizards 104 vs Jazz 91: AARP #WizVets Chase Jazz Off Capitol Lawn
- D.C. Council Game 60: Wizards 104 vs Grizzlies 110: Memphis Advances to Victory via Points Statistics
- D.C. Council Game 59: Wizards 122 at 76ers 103: Bubba Chuck’s Night Stolen by Hookah Arms Ariza
- D.C. Council: Wizards 134 at Raptors 129: Wiz Kids (and #WizVets) Dig Triple-OT Deep, Score Dino-Sized Bones
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Wizards at Raptors, Game 58
- D.C. Council Game 57: Wizards 115 vs Magic 106: Splash of Class Helps Magic Sugar Pill Go Down
- Eat, Pray, Launch: A Wizards Mid-Range Love Story