Steez, Sizzle & Amens: Jordan Crawford Blesses the Blazers with a Game-Winner (GIF)
It’s as if everything was set up just so that Steve Buckhantz could “Amen” Jordan Crawford… bless him. And that’s exactly what happened in the post-game after Steezus dropped the gift (and GIFs) of a buzzer-beating road win against Portland.
First, you had Crawford scoring 10 points over the first five and a half minutes of the fourth quarter (he had zero in 10 minutes of run entering the period). Then he missed a layup… and then a 3-pointer. Mike Prada of Bullets Forever tweeted: “There’s no rule that says you have to keep in the guy who scored 10 points earlier in the quarter. I would take Crawford out.”
And surely not many could argue. Especially after Crawford was the one responsible for giving Wes Matthews a good look from deep to tie the game at 95 with eight seconds left. And with a chance to win, the Wizards originally looked to get the ball to Nene in the post, it seemed, but the Blazers clogged up the play, had a foul to give and used it.
With just over three seconds left after the stoppage, there was no time to chuck the ball to Brazil in the post. Instead, this happened from Detroit:
And then, the teammates. Below, the pre-shot shot. Garrett Temple is in a zone, Emeka Okafor is worried, Kevin Seraphin is fondling his nose, Chris Singleton wishes he knew what it was like to play basketball, Bradley Beal and Jan Vesely are trying to get in their peeks, and Trevor Booker has a look on his face that can only be described as “pre-crunk.” Oh yea, the security guard on the left is all like “no fuggin’ way,” and Sam Cassell’s “Big Balls” dancing feet are probably tingling. And then, the GIF…
Note Trevor Booker’s walk-off celebration…
while Bradley Beal plays it cool in the background.
After the game, in the pile — you could hear it over television –
teammates called Jordan Crawford “sizzle.”
Portland got toasted.
- D.C. Council Game 20: Wizards 74 vs Nuggets 75: Golden Chances Up in Hookah Smoke
- Randy Wittman on Jordan Crawford, Eastern Conference Player of the Week
- The Week in Wizards, the basketball ones — Dec. 2 to 8 (Debuts, Injuries & Pink Elephants)
- D.C. Council Game 19: Wizards 105 vs Bucks 109: The #SoWizards Way to Lose .500
- 50-Win Dreams and 5-Year Terms: One-Fifth of a Season with Marcin Gortat
- D.C. Council Game 18: Wizards 98 vs Magic 80: Where There’s Hookah Smoke, There’s Fire
- The Week in Wizards, the basketball ones — Nov. 25 to Dec. 1 (Wittman-isms, Video-bombs and Instagram)
- D.C. Council Game 17: Wizards 108 vs Hawks 101: Wall Ballhawks, Nene’s Tendons Bounce Back