Martell Webster Presents: "Unveiling the Wizard" (with help from Kevin Seraphin)
Well, if it weren’t for the name “Wizards,” we would have never been exposed to the unveiling of Martell Webster “unveiling the Wizard.” But Ted Leonsis should still change the name of the team. Confused? Let me explain.
Early in the fourth quarter during Friday night’s win over the New Orleans Hornets, with the Wizards holding a 74-66 lead, Garrett Temple inbounded the ball and the team went through their offensive set. New Orleans, at times over the course of the night, ran trick double teams and traps against Washington. On this possession, they double-teamed Temple on the sideline coming off a high screen, then they doubled Kevin Seraphin with the ball in the post. No big surprise, except for who doubled him. As part of the scheme, Roger Mason Jr. left Martell Webster at the top of the key to go double Seraphin. Another Hornet was supposed to rotate faster, but still, it’s Martell Webster. Why leave him in the first place? Sure, it’s still Kevin Seraphin, but to everyone’s surprise–a theme on the night–Seraphin was a willing passer, was aware of the double, and kicked it out to Webster.
Webster missed the wide open shot. But Seraphin, using that big body of his, inched the smaller Lance Thomas (6-foot-8, 225) out the way, and Seraphin, along with Trevor Booker, kept the rebound alive. Seraphin’s tip-out ended right back in Webster’s hands.
He crashed, jumped and fought for the loose ball, and in a fluid motion, Webster spun in the lane, took one dribble, and threw down a two-handed dunk. He then beat on his chest like Tarzan, let out a yell, crossed his arms, and mimed ripping something off of his chest. After the game, Webster called the move “Unveiling the Wizard.”
Whatever/In any case… let’s first see what the DC Sports Nexus has to offer, and then hear Webster ham for the cam about his move after the game:
- Another Day, Another Martell Webster Pixelbomb (featuring John Wall)
- D.C. Council Game 18: Wizards 98 vs Magic 80: Where There’s Hookah Smoke, There’s Fire
- The Week in Wizards, the basketball ones — Nov. 25 to Dec. 1 (Wittman-isms, Video-bombs and Instagram)
- D.C. Council Game 17: Wizards 108 vs Hawks 101: Wall Ballhawks, Nene’s Tendons Bounce Back
- D.C. Council Game 16: Wizards 73 at Pacers 93: John Wall Brought to a Screeching Halt
- D.C. Council Game 15: Wizards 100 at Bucks 92: Martell and Marcin Hold the Mayo
- D.C. Council Game 14: Wizards 116 vs Lakers 111: Nene Goes Hollywood
- D.C. Council Game 13: Wizards 98 vs Knicks 89: Puppified by the Polish Hammer