The Reaction: John Wall's Clutch Shooting Downs Philly, Bradley Beal's Ankle Rolls
Below, we have Randy Wittman’s post-game opener, my ESPN.com “Daily Dime Live” reaction submission, and then a video of Beal talking about his ankle injury.
[Spoiler Alert: Wittman talks about laptops again.]
MVP: John Wall. He answered a seven-point fourth quarter from Jrue Holiday with six points of his own, all with under 95 seconds left to play. Wall put the Wizards up one point on a pair of free throws with just over a minute left and then sealed the deal with a jumper to put Washington up three with 4.4 seconds left.
X factor: Nene, returning after missing the last two games with a sore shoulder, was Washington’s true x factor. His huge offensive rebound with 27 seconds left gave Wall the chance to be the hero.
That game was … plodding with a semi-frantic finish. These two stalwart defensive teams pounded each other’s willing offenses into submission. But an A.J. Price alley-oop to Jan Vesely to end the third quarter later ignited an entertaining battle between Holiday, Wall, and Bradley Beal (before the rookie sprained his ankle with two minutes left).
Beal on His Ankle
Beal being carried off
[via TAI's Adam McGinnis from the crowd]
- D.C. Council Game 61: Wizards 104 vs Jazz 91: AARP #WizVets Chase Jazz Off Capitol Lawn
- John Wall is… Fast? Paced? Randy Wittman, Tyrone Corbin & Richard Jefferson Speak On It
- D.C. Council Game 60: Wizards 104 vs Grizzlies 110: Memphis Advances to Victory via Points Statistics
- ‘Math Basketball’ and Numbers You Can Stick: David Joerger and Randy Wittman CoachSpeak
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Grizzlies vs Wizards, Game 60
- D.C. Council Game 59: Wizards 122 at 76ers 103: Bubba Chuck’s Night Stolen by Hookah Arms Ariza
- Otto Porter Totally “Gets” His Liminal State
- D.C. Council: Wizards 134 at Raptors 129: Wiz Kids (and #WizVets) Dig Triple-OT Deep, Score Dino-Sized Bones