The Reaction: Washington’s Local Basketball Team Beats Canada’s, 109-92
The Wizards have shown the ability to bounce-back this season, at least on their home court. And that’s exactly what they did on Easter Sunday, providing a solid showing against a decent Raptors team in a 109-92 win. Washington tied the all-time series with Toronto at 33 games apiece and moved to 22-18 with a healthy John Wall. Below, Randy Wittman talks about what he called one of Wall’s “better all-around games,” and then I provide the game reaction (also submitted to ESPN’s Daily Dime).
Wall finished with 18 points, 10 assists and merely a single turnover. He set the tone from the tap and played the measured point guard people want to see more consistently. Acknowledging that Wall did score a career-high 47 points a week ago, Wittman called the effort against Toronto one of Wall’s “better all-around games.”
Wall has been on a tear lately, but he was probably ecstatic to get rookie backcourt partner Bradley Beal back. After missing five straight games and 11 out the last 14 due to injuries to the same ankle, Beal put up 24 points and tied a career-high with six made 3s.
Toronto’s defense. One could say the Raptors going zone against the Wizards midway through the third helped Toronto claw back into the game. One could also ask what the heck they were doing leaving Beal wide open, who hit four 3s in the period. Rudy Gay also picked up a silly flagrant foul late in the second quarter by hip-checking Jan Vesely and looked relatively checked-out otherwise.
Bonus: Bradley Beal on…
[The Florida Gators, coming back ... and the Florida Gators.]
- #DCrising? 5 TAIers Give #HotWizardsTakes via NBA Playoffs 5-on-5
- Playoffs D.C. Council Game 2: Wizards 101 at Bulls 99: Bulls Beal with Playoff Gutpunch
- Everything Was Great About Hinrich’s Missed Free Throw & His Skirmish with Bradley Beal
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Bulls, Playoff Game 2–Vines & Emails From The Abyss
- Thanks For the Empty Pixels: Putting the 2004-10 Wizards in Your Rearview Mirror
- Playoffs D.C. Council Game 1: Wizards 102 at Bulls 93: Wiz Jab First, Steal Home Bullring Advantage
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Bulls, Playoff Game 1–Vines & Emails From The Abyss
- John Wall and the Wizards: What are the Odds?