The Reaction: Washington’s Local Basketball Team Beats Canada’s, 109-92
The Wizards have shown the ability to bounce-back this season, at least on their home court. And that’s exactly what they did on Easter Sunday, providing a solid showing against a decent Raptors team in a 109-92 win. Washington tied the all-time series with Toronto at 33 games apiece and moved to 22-18 with a healthy John Wall. Below, Randy Wittman talks about what he called one of Wall’s “better all-around games,” and then I provide the game reaction (also submitted to ESPN’s Daily Dime).
Wall finished with 18 points, 10 assists and merely a single turnover. He set the tone from the tap and played the measured point guard people want to see more consistently. Acknowledging that Wall did score a career-high 47 points a week ago, Wittman called the effort against Toronto one of Wall’s “better all-around games.”
Wall has been on a tear lately, but he was probably ecstatic to get rookie backcourt partner Bradley Beal back. After missing five straight games and 11 out the last 14 due to injuries to the same ankle, Beal put up 24 points and tied a career-high with six made 3s.
Toronto’s defense. One could say the Raptors going zone against the Wizards midway through the third helped Toronto claw back into the game. One could also ask what the heck they were doing leaving Beal wide open, who hit four 3s in the period. Rudy Gay also picked up a silly flagrant foul late in the second quarter by hip-checking Jan Vesely and looked relatively checked-out otherwise.
Bonus: Bradley Beal on…
[The Florida Gators, coming back ... and the Florida Gators.]
- D.C. Council Game 20: Wizards 74 vs Nuggets 75: Golden Chances Up in Hookah Smoke
- Gortat on Getting Punked, Rebounding Like a Guard, and That Play With Ariza
- Randy Wittman on Jordan Crawford, Eastern Conference Player of the Week
- The Week in Wizards, the basketball ones — Dec. 2 to 8 (Debuts, Injuries & Pink Elephants)
- D.C. Council Game 19: Wizards 105 vs Bucks 109: The #SoWizards Way to Lose .500
- John Wall’s Crossover 360 Scoop Shot Charge (Plus Nate Wolters Crossover Fist Pump!)
- John Wall on the Eastern Conference and Why He’s Finishing Better At the Rim
- Another Day, Another Martell Webster Pixelbomb (featuring John Wall)