Sam Cassell from NBA Summer League: Pressure is On Singleton and Vesely (VIDEO)
By Kyle Weidie
Updated: July 15, 2013
After the scrimmage, Wizards coach Sam Cassell spoke with the media on a range of topics, including:
- What the Wizards need to do going into their third game.
- Who he’s looking for to step up their game (basically, Chris Singleton and Jan Vesely).
- What he’s seen out of Vesely at the 5 spot (“Yea, we’ve got to toughen him up.”).
- If he’ll play Glen Rice, Jr. and Otto Porter together more (the answer is semi-vague).
- What Singleton needs to do (QUICK DECISIONS!).
- Which Summer League free agent has made an impression (answer: Marquez Haynes).
- What he says to people trying to glean too much from Otto Porter’s performances so far. (Also, Cassell says he might play Porter at the 4 some.)
Sam-I-Am is best digested in full video, so let’s take a watch.
- D.C. Council Game 20: Wizards 74 vs Nuggets 75: Golden Chances Up in Hookah Smoke
- The Week in Wizards, the basketball ones — Dec. 2 to 8 (Debuts, Injuries & Pink Elephants)
- D.C. Council Game 19: Wizards 105 vs Bucks 109: The #SoWizards Way to Lose .500
- D.C. Council Game 18: Wizards 98 vs Magic 80: Where There’s Hookah Smoke, There’s Fire
- Not Really an Otto Porter UPDATE: He Shoots Basketballs (Video)
- The Week in Wizards, the basketball ones — Nov. 25 to Dec. 1 (Wittman-isms, Video-bombs and Instagram)
- D.C. Council Game 17: Wizards 108 vs Hawks 101: Wall Ballhawks, Nene’s Tendons Bounce Back
- D.C. Council Game 16: Wizards 73 at Pacers 93: John Wall Brought to a Screeching Halt