Sam Cassell from NBA Summer League: Pressure is On Singleton and Vesely (VIDEO)
By Kyle Weidie
Updated: July 15, 2013
After the scrimmage, Wizards coach Sam Cassell spoke with the media on a range of topics, including:
- What the Wizards need to do going into their third game.
- Who he’s looking for to step up their game (basically, Chris Singleton and Jan Vesely).
- What he’s seen out of Vesely at the 5 spot (“Yea, we’ve got to toughen him up.”).
- If he’ll play Glen Rice, Jr. and Otto Porter together more (the answer is semi-vague).
- What Singleton needs to do (QUICK DECISIONS!).
- Which Summer League free agent has made an impression (answer: Marquez Haynes).
- What he says to people trying to glean too much from Otto Porter’s performances so far. (Also, Cassell says he might play Porter at the 4 some.)
Sam-I-Am is best digested in full video, so let’s take a watch.
- D.C. Council Game 63: Wizards 90 at Heat 99: Wall, Wittman & Co. Sandbagged in South Beach
- D.C. Council Game 61: Wizards 104 vs Jazz 91: AARP #WizVets Chase Jazz Off Capitol Lawn
- Otto Porter’s Magical Night: A Tale of Readiness
- D.C. Council Game 60: Wizards 104 vs Grizzlies 110: Memphis Advances to Victory via Points Statistics
- Otto Porter Totally “Gets” His Liminal State
- D.C. Council: Wizards 134 at Raptors 129: Wiz Kids (and #WizVets) Dig Triple-OT Deep, Score Dino-Sized Bones
- D.C. Council Game 57: Wizards 115 vs Magic 106: Splash of Class Helps Magic Sugar Pill Go Down
- Tony Kornheiser Said WHAT? More Opinion on Vesely, Maynor, Andre Miller, and Grunfeld