Playoff #WittmanFace: ‘If you’re not nervous before a game, there’s something wrong with you’
By Kyle Weidie
Updated: April 25, 2014
- How his players will be able to worry about the game and nothing else.
- What Marcin Gortat needs to do to play better.
- What the home court means to his team tonight. (“Obviously a lot,” says Randy.)
- If he was happy that his players didn’t get caught up in the physical hijinks at various points during Game 2.
- How impressed he has been with Nene in his return.
- How he would compare his nerves tonight as a coach to when he was in the same situation as a player. (“About the same … I always said that if you’re not nervous before a game, there’s something wrong with you,” Wittman said.)
- What he thought of the heated exchange between Joakim Noah and Wizards security guy Jackie Miles at this morning’s shoot around.
- If he has talked to his players about using the emotion from tonight’s home crowd in the right way.
- How he assesses the situation with Drew Gooden and Al Harrington, who have played sparingly thus far.
- If he sees Trevor Ariza matching up against D.J. Augustin again.
Randy Wittman’s Pre-Game Presser:
- Gortat on Coaching Changes, Summer Plans, and Finding Love for Basketball — Dispatches from Poland
- Brooks is Here — Wizards Seek Redemption with New Head Coach
- Key Legislature: Wizards 120 at Nets 111 — Elusive .500 Record So Close, So Far Away
- Key Legislature: Wizards at Pistons — You May Now Rest in Peace