Playoff #WittmanFace: ‘If you’re not nervous before a game, there’s something wrong with you’
By Kyle Weidie
Updated: April 25, 2014
- How his players will be able to worry about the game and nothing else.
- What Marcin Gortat needs to do to play better.
- What the home court means to his team tonight. (“Obviously a lot,” says Randy.)
- If he was happy that his players didn’t get caught up in the physical hijinks at various points during Game 2.
- How impressed he has been with Nene in his return.
- How he would compare his nerves tonight as a coach to when he was in the same situation as a player. (“About the same … I always said that if you’re not nervous before a game, there’s something wrong with you,” Wittman said.)
- What he thought of the heated exchange between Joakim Noah and Wizards security guy Jackie Miles at this morning’s shoot around.
- If he has talked to his players about using the emotion from tonight’s home crowd in the right way.
- How he assesses the situation with Drew Gooden and Al Harrington, who have played sparingly thus far.
- If he sees Trevor Ariza matching up against D.J. Augustin again.
Randy Wittman’s Pre-Game Presser:
- Key Legislature: Wizards 102 vs Mavericks 105: Information Overload Bluescreens Washington Defense
- Lining Up the Wizards (So Far); Pre-Game Quotes from Randy, Rick & Richard
- Don’t Be Offended by Washington’s Offense When Defense is the Pillar
- D.C. Council Game 9: Wizards vs Magic — Depth Subdues Drama for Seventh Win