Well, that’s it, the BCS is f#$ked. As if we all didn’t know already. At this point, what can the American public do to get the college football championship structure changed? Can we unionize? No, let’s start a campaign. What kind of campaign? I’m not sure yet.
But if something is not done, we will continue to say…”If there was ever a year which made the case for a playoff system….” for well, every year. But this year is something else. Absurd doesn’t even begin to describe. Who is going? Stay tuned for the results this evening.
- You’re going to tell me that Ohio State has a National Championship team?
- Oklahoma either?
- Georgia without even getting to the SEC championship game?
- LSU’s two losses?
- Hawaii? Please.
- Va-Tech? Nope, they got blown out by LSU.
- USC? Only beat two teams with winning records. Way to go Crap-10.
Here are the voting results from the latest ESPN SportsNation poll. Pretty safe to say that my feelings are in tune with America’s. Save for I think March Madness would still be a bigger event, and playoff format….doesn’t matter, just get one. So, get the POINT college football. Change now.
Read more »
- Get Out & Vote!
Go to www.coachoftheyear.com and vote for the 2007 Liberty Mutual College Football Coach of the Year. And who is truthaboutit.net endorsing? None other than Mississippi State’s Sylvester Croom. Why?
Very scary basketball moment in Israel, as found on ESPN.com’s TrueHoop. Evidently, someone tossed a bag of fireworks onto the court during a game between Hapoel Jerusalem and Hapoel Holon. Considering the state of the world today, this had to be an unbelievably chilling experience for all those involved. What Henry does not mention is that former Mississippi State basketball player, Timmy Bowers, plays for Hapoel Jerusalem. Mario Austin, also a former Bulldog, used to play on the same team with Timmy. He is currently signed to play with Benetton Treviso in Italy, along with former George Washington player, Pops Mensah-Bonsu.
- As the first black head football coach in the SEC, Coach Croom has turned around a Mississippi State program from the very unfortunate state it was in after the departure of Jackie Sherrill.
- He has done this the right way (aka the clean way) through developing the good character of the young men in his program.
- Mississippi State, with a win over Alabama this past Saturday, became bowl eligible for the first time since 2000 — they’ve also had wins over ranked opponents this year (Auburn, Kentucky, and Alabama).
Read more »
Has anyone every wondered what they put in the water at the University of Tennessee?
Well, I don’t either….but UT football player names involved in legal issues started to ring a bell after remembering that Travis Henry played football there. So, I did a little research.
Let’s go for the run down from worst to first.
#8) Peyton Manning – QB – Indianapolis Colts
While at UT, Rocket Arm’s failed pass attempt at a young female trainer led to two separate six-figure sexual harassment settlements. Who knew that dropping your pants while being treated would result in “Moon-Gate ’96″? Peyton then went on to star in every commercial ever and has a snotty little brother who went to Ole Miss.
#7) Jamal Lewis – RB – Cleveland Browns
Read more »