The Washington Wizards concluded their pre-Summer League mini-camp this week after seven practices and a scrimmage at the Verizon Center practice court facility. As the Wizards prepare for their first summer action since 2010 due to the lockout, intriguing story lines are plentiful.
- Is Bradley Beal the Real Deal? (22 solid points in his summer debut isn’t shabby.)
- Will Jan Vesely expand his offensive game? (Summer League jumpers! Three of them! But, he fouled out with 10 fouls.)
- Can Chris Singleton bounce back from a disappointing rookie season? (Still seems to lack instinct and confidence on offense, but took out some aggression in the second half and scored 20 total points.)
- Does Steady Shelvin Mack have what it takes to be a legit NBA point guard? (Defense is there, but lack of quickness could hinder him as a scorer.)
- Who is Tomas Satoransky, exactly? (Certainly not the quickest initiator of offiense.)
- Can anyone else on the roster make a splash to earn a training camp invite? (Long shots to be determined….)